Human Brain Proteom Project
April 16-17th 2015, 23rd HUP0 BPP São Paulo, Brazil
Welcome to the website of the HUPO Brain Proteome Project - HUPO BPP!
HUPO BPP is an open international project under the patronage of the Human Proteome Organisation (HUPO) that aims:
· to analyze the brain proteome of human as well as mouse models in healthy, neurodiseased and aged status with focus on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease
· to perform quantitative proteomics as well as complemantary gene expression profiling on disease-related brain areas and bodily fluids
· to advance knowledge of neurodiseases and aging in order to push new diagnostic approaches and medications
· to exchange knowledge and data with other HUPO projects and national / international initiatives in the neuroproteomic field
· to make neuroproteomic research and its results available in the scientific community and society
Recent work has shown that standards in proteomics and especially in bioinformatics are mandatory to allow comparable analyses, but still missing. To address this challenge, the HUPO BPP is closely working together with the HUPO Proteome Standards Initiative (HUPO PSI).
Two standardization pilot studies have been launched. For more detailed information please visit our pilot study page.
If you are interested, please feel free to join the HBPP and get into discussion with us!
Prof. Dr. Helmut E. Meyer